To ensure the best possible experience, please follow these steps.
- Use a #2 lead pencil or ink pen—our scanner can read either. Don’t use a marker.
- Make sure to write your name on the top left of the sheet and bubble it in.
- Marks must be dark and circles filled in completely.
- If students make an error or a stray mark, thorough erasures are necessary. We review errors that our scanner captures before scoring the sheets. If we cannot distinguish between intended answers, poorly-erased responses, and accidental marks, we will score the item as incorrect.
- Writing must not extend into the timing mark area. The timing marks are the short black lines found in the left margin and across the bottom of answer sheets. Any extra marks in this area cause the scanner to stop or reject the answer sheet before scoring.
- Watch our videos that explain the proper way to fill out answer sheets. This may seem like a small thing, but it makes a huge difference in processing speed and quality, and ensuring that every answer on every sheet gets counted.
How to Complete the MB01 Evaluation Form
- Submit forms with Name side facing upward and timing marks aligned to ensure processing. Otherwise, forms will be returned unprocessed.
- Answer sheets must not be stapled or mutilated in any way.
- Stamped or printed numbers must not extend into the timing mark area. The timing marks are the short black lines found in the left margin and across the bottom of answer sheets. Any extra marks in this area cause the scanner to stop or reject the answer sheet before scoring.
- An answer key should be included with all tests. We do not fill out the answer keys.
- The key should be marked on an answer sheet with a #2 lead pencil or ink (no markers) and labeled "key." Include the instructor’s name, course name and number, number of points per question, and test name (e.g. Exam 1 or Quiz 2) in the margin at the top of the key. To see an example, click here. Please also insure this information is included in the Scanning Job Request Form.
- An answer key must be the same type of form as the students’ answer sheets.
- If different Scantron forms are used for the same test (e.g. Version A is on green ten-response sheets and Version B is on blue five-response sheets), then a separate key on a corresponding form must be provided for each version.
- If you have different point values for questions on the same exam, make only one answer key and designate which questions have which point values (e.g., questions 1-10 are 2 pts each, questions 11-20 are 1 point each, etc.). Also make sure this information is in the Scanning Job Request Form.
- Our Remark grading software can now process more than one answer per item (i.e., the answer to question 1 is A and C, not just A or C). It can also give partial credit in these situations. Example: if the answer to Question 1 is A and C and the student answers C, they can receive ½ point credit for their answer. Please designate on your answer key and in the Scanning Job Request Form questions that have multiple answers, and what partial credit options you want to give.
- We do not destroy forms. You can pick them up in our office, send a courier, or provide an envelope for us to send them via campus mail.
- Forms will be returned by campus mail if they have been in our office over 30 days.