When it's Absolutely, Positively Too Big to Email.
Exchange large files with UNL and non-UNL users.
Office 365 email messages are limited to a total size of 25MB. Using your web browser, you can upload files (up to 700MB) to our server. You will receive a link to put in your email message. The recipient can click the link to download your file. Files are available for 7 days.
Persons using this service are required to follow the UNL Computer Use Policies.
TIP: Want to upload a folder of files? Be sure to zip it first!
- Open the UNL File Upload in a new window by clicking the mailbox:
- Click "Browse" and select your file
- Click "begin upload"
- A progress bar will appear, showing how much time is remaining before the upload is complete
(Note that with large files, there may be a delay where it reports 100% transfered, but nothing is happening. Give it a minute or two to finish processing.)
- Copy the link into your email message
- Select the contents of the text box with your mouse
- Click "Edit...Copy"
- Switch to your email program and click where you want the link
- Click "Edit...Paste"
The file upload size is currently limited to 700 MB.
- ***Please DO NOT use special characters in the filename as this will prevent the file from uploading properly***
This service is based on software developed by Encodable Industries