ResNet Connection Guide
KNOW YOUR MyUNL ID
If you don’t know this information, go to a lab or other computer that’s already connected
and go to myred.unl.edu (under the ‘Student’ tab, click on ‘Additional Services’ tab and
you can look up your username) and id.unl.edu (where you can reset your password).
REGISTER WIRELESS COMPUTER ON
Once you have your login and password, go to
http://wifi.unl.edu/. This should be the only place you can go on
There will be a welcome screen. Click ‘Accept’ at the bottom.
•Log in using your My.UNL (Blackboard) ID
and password (see above).
•Once logged in, click on “Register a card”.
•Click ‘NEXT’ again to confirm the registration. You should be able to connect wirelessly
to UNL-AIR in about 10 minutes. Once you connect to UNL-AIR, proceed to
The next page is “Wireless card information”. If you don’t know your MAC or hardware address, there’s a button that will say “Find my current MAC address.” Click that button and it should find and fill in the hardware address. Then click ‘NEXT’.
Click ‘NEXT’ again to confirm the registration. You should be able to connect wirelessly to UNL-AIR in about 10 minutes. Once you connect to UNL-AIR, proceed to Step 3.
ResNet is using the SafeConnect Registration System. General information about SafeConnect is available at: http://is.unl.edu/safeconnect/.
•Currently, any network devices besides Windows and Macintosh computers do not need to be registered through SafeConnect.
• Connect to UNL-AIR wireless network.
• Open a web browser (preferably Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari). You may have to enter a website that you don’t have cached, like http://resnet.unl.edu/. You should be directed to the SafeConnect login page.
• Log in using your My.UNL (Blackboard) ID and password (see above).
•Once you’ve logged in, you will see a notice that says: “Yes, I will install the Policy Key and accept the terms and conditions for Internet Use”. If you’re not familiar with the UNL Computer User Agreement, click on the link and read it before you agree. You must agree to the terms listed in order to register for Internet Access.
• Click on the link that starts “Yes, I will …” and the SafeConnect system will then start a download of the policy key installer (called ServiceInstaller.exe).
• Save the policy key installer to your desktop, then double click on it to start the installation. You may have to give permission for the install to start.
• Once it’s done, you’ll see a window that says installation was successful. You should now have full connectivity.
Highly recommended-Encrypted WiFi
Once you’re connecting on UNL-AIR, go to http://secure-it.unl.edu/ and use the automated system there to configure your computer to use the encrypted wireless network: UNL-AIR-E