All faculty, staff and students of UNL has access to the following learning options, provided free of charge.
Virtual Training Company (VTC)
You can access over 1,000 software and programming titles on any computer, on or off campus, with a username and password 24/7/365. To have access to the username and password, you must be a member of the VTC organization in My.UNL (Canvas or Blackboard). You will also be notified when the password changes.
- Go to my.unl.edu and click the UNL "N" logo under either the Canvas or Blackboard heading to log in.
- Canvas users will find the organization on their Dashboard.
Blackboard users will find the organization on the Courses & Organizations tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the VTC: VTC Online Computer Software Tutorials organization for the current username and password.
To enroll in the Canvas organization
Go to https://canvas.unl.edu/enroll/689HDC and click the red Enroll in Course button on the upper right corner of the page. You'll need to log in with your My.UNL credentials to access.
The login information will no longer be posted in Blackboard after May 7, 2017.
Lynda.com and Lincoln City Libraries
Any person with a Lincoln City Libraries card has free access to Lynda.com. You must sign in through the library's site with your library card number and PIN to get started. You can then set up your personalized account to manage your playlists and progress through the tutorials. You can learn the latest software, creative, or business skills. You can watch bite-size tutorials for immediate problem solving or take comprehensive courses from start to finish. All content has searchable course transcripts for immediate answers, exercise files that reinforce retention and new courses are added every week.
The branch closest to City Campus is Bennett Martin Public Library (136 South 14th Street) and the branch closest to East Campus is Bethany Branch (1810 North Cotner Boulevard). You can find a map on their website at http://lincolnlibraries.org/locations.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, Lynda.com is a high-quality resource for employees looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, communication, and a wide range of other topics.
Benefits to using Lynda.com include:
- Unlimited access to courses on a wide variety of technology and disciplines
- Up-to-date content to keep skills current and to learn new skills
- New courses added every week
- Tutorials are taught by recognized industry experts
- Access to instructors’ exercise files to follow along as you learn
- Closed captioning and searchable, time-coded transcripts
- Beginner to advanced level courses
- The option to watch complete courses or individual videos as you need them