Improving Document Management
- How much does printing a document truly cost?
- Do you have access to the type of printer you need?
- Are you able to print confidential documents securely?
In an effort to assist the University in reaching the Chancellor's 2017 goals, a UNL Information Technology Cost Reducing Task Force was formed to identify areas of the campus IT spend that would benefit from in-depth analysis.
The published report includes the several targeted recommendations including the following:
Goals of Printing Assessment Plan
- Understand the true costs of document management in the organization (devices, maintenance, consumables)
- Reduced costs
- Manage/consolidate assets
- Increase end user satisfaction
- Increase end user productivity
- Improve the efficency of document distribution, storage and retrieval
What departments are being assessed?
This assessment project will currently include UNL Information Services and units of Business & Finance: Building Systems Maintenance, Facilities Management & Planning, Financial Services, Human Resources, Operations Analysis, University Police and University Services
The assessment will be conducted by
Canon Solutions America, Inc.