Digital signage is a way of electronically displaying information on a screen. They can be found in public spaces, transportation systems, museums, stadiums, retail stores, hotels, restaurants, and corporate buildings etc., to provide wayfinding, exhibitions, marketing, and outdoor advertising.
About Digital Signage
About Digital Signage
Digital Signage helps departments distribute information in an engaging, interactive manner using large format displays. The target audience primarily are visitors to the campus, including prospective students and parents. Current students, faculty, and staff can also benefit from having easy access to campus events and news. Digital signs can have touch interactivity or be non-interactive, but still display dynamic content.
UNL is leveraging digital signage management software from Four Winds Interactive. This management suite allows departments to control all of their distributed signs from a central location. It also allows departments to share their content with others, if they choose to do so. The UNL digital signage implementation includes campus templates designed by University Communications to complement the Web Framework 4.1.
Participating in the Partnership
If your department is interested in participating in the UNL digital signage initiative, please review the How To Guide for information on getting started. The Digital Signage Steering Committee has established the rate to participate in the initiative for April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017. The Memorandum of Understanding contains more information about how the rate was established.
To officially join the partnership, please submit the Memorandum of Understanding form.
- Academic Affairs (Education Abroad, International Engagement, Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center, First Year Experience and Transition Programs, Military and Veteran Success Center)
- Athletic Department
- Business and Finance (UNL Police, Passport Office)
- Campus Recreation
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education and Human Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Journalism and Mass Communications
- College of Law
- Computer Science and Engineering Department
- Eastern Nebraska Research and Extension Center
- Food Science and Technology Department
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
- Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- ITS Enterprise Systems
- Lied Center for Performing Arts
- Nebraska Innovation Campus
- Nebraska Unions
- Newman Center
- Programs in English as a Second Language
- School of Natural Resources
- University Communications
- University Health Center
- University Housing
- University Libraries
- University of Nebraska State Museum