All UNL Faculty must complete this Opt-In form before any CMT agent is installed on your device(s). Your IT Support Team will contact you if they have a different procedure for opting in to University Client Management Tools.
What do I receive by Opting In?
- Reliability: Your device will quickly receive software updates and patches with little to no interaction on your part.
- Time Efficiency: You will stay more productive as deployment and updating processes run in the background, freeing up more time for teaching and research.
- Flexibility: You can choose when and where to install new software or run maintenance on your device through Self-service portals.
- Security: IT Technicians will manage the security of your machine so you don't have to. You can rest assured that software patches, antivirus protection, and firewalls are well maintained.
- Confidentiality: Your data and files will remain confidential; no personal data is scanned, indexed, or transmitted off your device. CMT servers also keep full audit logs of any actions performed by technicians.
- Compliance: Your device will always be in compliance with federal laws governing requirements for research or student data on University computers.
CMT Administrators and Technicians adhere to any policy set forth by the University in regards to computers and electronic information systems. This includes the following:
- Policies governing Client Management Tool use
- Faculty Senate CMT Policy
- Policy for Responsible Use of University Computers and Information Systems (Executive Memorandum No. 16)
If you have any additional questions, please contact your IT Support Team.