While you are affiliated with the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, you can install Microsoft Office on multiple devices (up to five). Here is how you can download and manage your installations.
Step 1: DOWNLOAD
Go to office.com and if you're not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Click the Apps icon on the far left of the bar across the top.
- Click the Office 365 link.
- To the far right, click Install Office apps and then click Office 2016.
- Follow the instructions that appear onscreen. Depending on your browser, click Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
Step 2: INSTALL
WINDOWS: If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
MAC: Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft_Office_(version)_Installer.pkg (the name might vary slightly). Follow the online instructions.
The install begins.
WINDOWS: Your install is finished when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now" and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer.
MAC: Click Close when the installation is finished.
Step 3: ACTIVATE
Start using an Office application right away by opening any app such as Word or Excel.
In most cases, Office is activated once you start an application and after you click Accept to agree to the License terms.
Office might activate automatically. However, depending on your product you might see the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard. If so, follow the prompts to activate Office.
- Click your name/image in the upper-right corner when you are signed into Office.com.
- Click the Manage Installs button.
- Click an arrow to view the details of a current installation, or click to deactivate it.