Supported Applications for Modern Authentication of Email Including Two-Factor (Duo)
Microsoft supports the use of the following applications for full functionality of your email on a mobile device. We can not guarantee the functionality of any other applications other than what are listed below.
Resources and Questions
Here are some helpful resources for setting up your email on your devices:
- Password reset: trueyou.nebraska.edu
- Phone Setup: go.unl.edu/mobile-email
- Outlook Setup: go.unl.edu/outlook-setup
- Mac OS Mail Setup: go.unl.edu/macos-mail
- Two Factor Authentication: its.nebraska.edu/two-factor
Q: Why do I see my account listed as “firstname.lastname@example.org" when logging into my email when my email is "email@example.com"?
A: This is the account you are using to access your @huskers.unl.edu email address. Think of it as username at domain for logging in. Microsoft requires a domain be present on the account name for login, much like you login to other services with your username, this time you are just affixing a domain at the end of it. Box functions in a similar way.
Q: Are there other settings I might be missing?
A: Your mobile device may or may not automatically connect to your mail account. Check these settings on your device.
- The username is your My.UNL username with @unl.edu added to the end, as in firstname.lastname@example.org
- The password is your My.UNL password
Incoming IMAP Settings:
- Server name: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption method: SSL
Outgoing SMTP Settings:
- Server name: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption method: TLS
If you need more help than the resources provided, contact the Huskertech Help Center at 402-472-3970 or email@example.com.