The purpose of this web site is for information distribution on products and services supported by UNL ITS to the UNL campus community. The information on this site will not supersede any contractual obligations between UNL ITS support and UNL departments. This site only addresses most common software and technology; this is not intended to be an all-inclusive list.
The following list denotes all desktop and laptop operating systems actively supported by UNL Information Technology Services. The dates that follow the product is the date that the vendor will end support. This is provided to allow users to prepare budgets accordingly. In some cases, although the vendor may provide support; UNL ITS cannot recommend the operating system due to restrictions of UNL systems (e.g., Windows Vista SP2).
- Windows 10 current release
If your Windows version is not listed – it is not supported or secured. Is Windows up-to-date? Instructions at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update
- macOS Big Sur (11)
- macOS Catalina (10.15)
- macOS Mojave (10.14)
Apple provides support for the current OS and two OSes back. If your version is not listed – it is not supported or secured. Is your Mac up-to-date?
Instructions at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1338
|Edge||Current major release||Current major release||1|
|Firefox||Current major release||Current major release||1
|Firefox ESR||Current major release||Current major release||1
|Chrome||Current major release||Current major release||1
|Safari||NONE||Current major release||1
1) Works with SAP/Firefly
2) When using a Mac, some Windows services (examples: myshare.unl.edu, mysoft.unl.edu) will only connect with Safari.
3) Not recommended for use with Canvas
Are your browser plug-ins up to date? Use Qualys plug-in check for all browsers
The following list denotes all mobile operating systems actively supported by UNL Information Technology Services.
- iPhone/iPad: iOS 14+
- Android: Android 8.0+
ITS recommends utilizing the default browser which was included with your Mobile OS. ITS recommends the mobile Outlook app for accessing mail, calendar, and contacts from Office 365.
Other Software & Hardware
The following list denotes most common software and technology actively supported by UNL Information Technology Services.
- Microsoft Office 2019/365 for Windows
- Microsoft Office 2019/365 for Mac
- Acrobat Reader latest release
- Wireless 802.11 G/N/AC/AX (2.4 and 5ghz supported)
- Duo Security (two-factor authentication)
- Cortex by Palo Alto (https://its.nebraska.edu/endpoint-management/endpoint-protection)
- GlobalProtect VPN by Palo Alto (https://nu-vpn.nebraska.edu)
- Desktop Encryption
- Filevault for macOS, managed by Jamf Pro
- Bitlocker for Windows 10
If you have questions about an application or technology not listed here contact the ITS Computer Help Center.