We offer 7-day laptop checkout at our Nebraska Union, East Campus Union, Adele Hall Learning Commons, and Henzlik Hall Locations. This means that all laptops are due to be checked-in exactly 7 days later from inital checkout time.
Four-hour accessory checkouts are available for all accessories with one renewal.
- Our $21 per day Late Fee remains in effect and will accrue over weekends.
- Students returning a laptop or multimedia equipment cannot check out another until the start of the next business day.
East Union Laptop Checkout
Henzlik Laptop Checkout
Adele Hall Learning Commons Laptop Checkout
Union Laptop Checkout
Laptop Equipment Checkout Questions
- Where can I check-out a laptop or other equipment?
- We currently have four locations which provide laptop and equipment checkout services:
- City Union (laptop & ipad checkout) 472-9044
- East Union 1st floor East Union (laptop checkout)
- Henzlik Hall Room 142, Teachers College Hall (laptop checkout) 472-5971
- Adele Hall Learning Commons Commons Area, Love Library North (laptop & accessory checkout) 472-5048
- How do I checkout a laptop or equipment?
- Currently-enrolled UNL students only… Proceed to the HuskerTech station, then:
- Provide two forms of photo ID (one MUST be a valid NCard)
- Return all equipment by the due date and time
- How much does it cost?
- This is a free service provided to currently-enrolled UNL students who pay the Student Technology Fee. However, if the laptop is turned in late, late fees will apply. There is a $21 per day late fee that the equipment is past due.
- What are the rules?
- There are a variety of rules which apply when checking out a laptop computer.
- You are responsible for the full replacement value of any equipment that is stolen, damaged or lost while it is checked out to you.
- You may not checkout equipment for other students, non-students or suspended users.
- You must return the laptop by the due date and time
A $21 per day late fee applies for all equipment.
- Laptops or equipment not returned in a timely manner as described in the sign-out agreement form will result in hefty late fees, a hold on your registration, notification of law enforcement authorities, etc.
- What are those late fees, again?
- $21 for every 24-hours past the due date and time that the laptop or equipment is not turned in.
- How can I pay my late fee?
- Late fees can be paid in the Huskertech Store located in the basement of the City Union
- How do I know when my laptop is due?
- This can be found on the emailed copy of the receipt or by calling the Computer Help Center at 472-3970
- What if I have some sort of a technical problem?
- Call the checkout station, at:
- City Campus Union: 472-9044
- Henzlik Hall: 472-5971
- Adele Hall Learning Commons: 472-5048
- Visit the Labs contact page
- Where can I use the wireless networking capabilities on City Campus or East Campus?
- Wireless (UNL-Air) is available to students on both City and East Campus
There are no recent news items for this service. Find other service news items here