IT Skills Development
Helping you to work BETTER, work FASTER and work SMARTER with the applications you use every day.
FeaturesWorkshops are offered on university supported software, such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and classroom technology like Canvas, iClicker, Maple T.A and others.
There are a number of online resources that provide help for the many software technologies ITS supports.
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Box@UNL cloud storage. Get Box Training online via Box University.
- i>clicker student response system
- UNL Academic Video is the video streaming and capturing service provided by VidGrid
- Zoom web-conferencing
- NU Insight using Tableau data visualizations for reporting and analytics (from Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics)
- LISTSERV Owners Quick Start Guide and Newsletters
- Resources from Adobe
- Glossary of type terminology
- InDesign Secrets
- Layers Tutorials for Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and InDesign
- Digital Publishing with Adobe InDesign
- Export content for EPUB in InDesign
- How to Fill & Sign PDF forms using Acrobat Reader
- Leona's Photoshop Blog
- Learn about Office 365 at UNL.
- Check out the Office Quick Starts video tutorials to get started.
- Visit the Office 365 Training Center to learn about all the applications.
- Pick up some Office tips & tricks.
Online Software Tutorials from Virtual Training Company
Free of charge for all faculty, staff and students. Take self-paced, online training for IT skills development. Learn the latest software packages at your convenience at www.VTC.com. Learn more...
Lynda.com and Lincoln City Libraries
Any person with a Lincoln City Libraries card has free access to Lynda.com. You must sign in through the library's site with your library card number and PIN to get started. You can then set up your personalized account to manage your playlists and progress through the tutorials. You can learn the latest software, creative, or business skills. You can watch bite-size tutorials for immediate problem solving or take comprehensive courses from start to finish. All content has searchable course transcripts for immediate answers, exercise files that reinforce retention and new courses are added every week.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, Lynda.com is a high-quality resource for employees looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, communication, and a wide range of other topics.