Network port activation
Currently all buildings on campus are wired with CAT-5 wiring, and are capable of connecting to the campus ethernet.
Before you connect:
- Find the port closest to your computer.
- Locate the port's ID number and write it down.
- No label or id number? Have the port certified.
- Plug in your cable and check for connectivity.
- Click here to activate your port online if the port is not active.
If you do not have a port and need one installed, you can request that wire be pulled for a port through the Telecom Request System .
If you have a port but it is not certified (has no label), have the Infrastructure Team certify the port by sending them a request through the Telecom Request System .
Students: Currently all residence halls on campus are wired with CAT-5 wiring, and are capable of connecting to the campus ethernet. Upon arrival, your room will have one active connection. To activate a second Ethernet connection, please contact ResNet.