Starting May 20, 2018, ilos replaces TechSmith Relay as the University of Nebraska–Lincoln's lecture capture/video hosting service.
Ilos will migrate all user accounts and their associated content to their server. That migration process will last a week, finishing on May 4, 2018. The migration will copy files to ilos, keeping all links to current content functioning through May 20, 2018.
Users who create content in TechSmith Relay after May 4, 2018, are responsible for transferring that content to ilos.
Ilos provides numerous advantages over other products that make it a powerful tool for the university. Users will now be able to do the following:
- Edit videos after uploading files to their library
- Add a “blur” effect in editing mode to hide unwanted areas
- Replace videos with updated versions without having to change the URL or embed code
- Resize or remove the video window as you record
- Choose a specific area of the screen to capture
- Integrate with Canvas Gradebook
- Integrate with Zoom (save Zoom recordings to ilos automatically)
- Full service 99% ADA compliant closed captioning completed by real people at ilos
All videos linked to the TechSmith Relay server will be unavailable after May 20. Users will need to update the links to their videos to the new versions in ilos.
Information Technology Services and the Learning and Emerging Technologies team urge users to update and verify that all of their content links are updated.
To get started using ilos visit https://app.ilosvideos.com/login and choose Enterprise Login. Enter your entire UNL email address and you will be taken to the UNL single sign-on page.
For more information, visit: https://help.ilosvideos.com/hc/en-us to get started.