UNL Academic Video
UNL Academic Video is the video streaming and capturing service provided by VidGrid
UNL Academic Video features:
- Full service 99% ADA compliant closed captioning completed by real people at VidGrid
- Edit videos in their library after it has been uploaded
- Add a “blur” effect in editing mode to hide unwanted areas
- Replace videos with updated versions without having to change the URL or embed code
- Resize or remove the video window even as you record
- Choose the area of the screen they want to capture
- Better manage permissions for specific groups
Academic Video service to UNL campus:
The UNL Academic Video service is available to instructors and students at UNL.
- Professional Closed Captioning is currently available only to instructors with students who have been approved throught the Services for Students with Disabilities office
Professional Closed Captions are first run through a voice-to-text application then inspected and revised by at least two live text interpreters for accuracy that is compliant with ADA standards
Please allow 24 hours for every 30 minutes of video that you submit
- Machine Generated Closed Captioning is currently available to all instructors with academic videos
- Learn how to request captions for your videos by watching this short video: https://help.vidgrid.com/en/articles/2583552-adding-video-captions
To request captioning through the office of Services for Students with Disabilities, please contact Barbara Woodhead (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Service for Students with Disabilities office
Machine Generated Closed Captions are created by an advanced voice-to-text application within VidGrid
Generally these captions are 80% to 90% accurate but that accuracy depends on multiple factors: audio quality (often the microphone or the room in which audio is recorded), clarity of speech and enounciation and technical language are a few critical ones.
VidGrid has a good caption editor that allows you to quickly make corrections as your video plays
Video: How to edit captions
- AUTOMATED LECTURE CAPTURE
ITS offers a free automated lecture capture service in specially equipped rooms. This service allows an instructor to have their lectures recorded automatically based on the course schedule. Classes will be recorded automatically then routed to the instructor's VidGrid library. Recordings in the rooms listed below will include a video camera focused on the instructor area, the PC image displayed on the screen and audio from the instructor's microphone.
INSTRUCTOR MUST WEAR A MICROPHONE WHICH IS SUPPLIED IN EACH ROOM.
You must have a VidGrid account to use the automated lecture capture service. Follow the steps above to acquire an account before requesting a scheduled recording.
Rooms currently equipped with Automated Lecture Capture: