UNL Academic Video
UNL Academic Video is the video streaming and capturing service provided by VidGrid (formerly ilos).
UNL Academic Video features:
- Full service 99% ADA compliant closed captioning completed by real people at VidGrid
- Edit videos in their library after it has been uploaded
- Add a “blur” effect in editing mode to hide unwanted areas
- Replace videos with updated versions without having to change the URL or embed code
- Resize or remove the video window even as you record
- Choose the area of the screen they want to capture
- Better manage permissions for specific groups
Academic Video service to UNL campus:
The UNL Academic Video service is available to instructors and students at UNL.
Professional Closed captioning is currently available to all instructors with academic videos although priority will be given to Service for Students with Disabilities. Our supply of professional captioning is limited, if we find that we are running low, first priority with be given to the SSD office.
- Learn how to request captions for your videos by watching this short video: https://help.vidgrid.com/en/articles/2583552-adding-video-captions
To request captioning under these guidelines, please contact Barbara Woodhead (email@example.com) at the Service for Students with Disabilities office.We hope to gauge user needs to determine if the proper resources to serve all faculty will be available at the end of Fall semester 2018 and if not, to allocate more resources as necessary. It is our desire to allow all faculty to professionally caption their videos with this service in the near future.
Video recorded in General Purpose lecture halls using our Automated Lecture Capture service will also be captioned.
- AUTOMATED LECTURE CAPTURE
ITS currently offers a free automated lecture capture service in specially equipped rooms. This service allows an instructor to have their lectures recorded automatically based on the course schedule. Classes will be recorded automatically then routed to the instructor's VidGrid library. Recordings in the rooms listed below will include a video camera focused on the instructor area, the PC image displayed on the screen and audio from the instructor's microphone.
INSTRUCTOR MUST WEAR A MICROPHONE WHICH IS SUPPLIED IN EACH ROOM.
Rooms currently equipped with Automated Lecture Capture: