Zoom is a cloud-based, web collaboration service that connects multiple conference rooms and remote users for online classes, meetings and group projects. It is a free service available to all Faculty, Staff and Students
- Zoom features high-quality video, audio and group chat from both mobile and desktop apps
- A basic Zoom meeting room now acommodates up to 300 attendees
- Larger rooms and webinar rooms with special features are available upon request
Get an account and Schedule a Zoom meeting
- Visit https://unl.zoom.us/
- Click "Host a meeting" and choose one of the options. Either is fine for these purposes.
- Log in with your My.UNL username and password.
- Click the prompts that come up to download the installer ("zoomusinstaller.pkg" or "zoomusinstaller.exe" or similar).
- Double-click the downloaded installer to open it and follow the prompts until the installation is finished.
- The Zoom Cloud Meetings program will open. Click the "SSO / Login with SSO" button.
- Type "unl" (lowercase, no punctuation) into the "Enter your company domain" box.
- Enter your My.UNL username and password again.
- Now your Zoom program is set up for hosting meetings. Click the "Schedule" button to set up a meeting that will take place in the future.
- In the "Schedule a new meeting" window that pops up, enter the meeting date, time, duration, etc.
- You may view the invitation by clicking "Meetings" at the bottom of the main Zoom window, finding the meeting in the list (if you have multiple) and clicking "copy." Then paste the text into an email or a Word document.
- The "Meeting ID" you see in the list of is part of the link. You can type it in manually if you want at the end of this url: https://unl.zoom/us/meeting/[your meeting ID here]
On Monday, March 16th, Zoom's Professional Training team will be hosting a Zoom Meetings for Education Webinar focusing on the following topics:
- How to download the Zoom applications and join a Zoom meeting
- How to schedule a meeting and send out invitations
- Overview of In-meeting controls and Virtual Classroom tools
We also have the following videos and documents to help students and teachers get up and running with Zoom:
Request a Large Room or Webinar
If you anticipate more than 300 attendees, you may request for a limited time, a Large Room with room for either 500 or 1000.
If you require a Webinar, which allows different options, please fill out the request form. Once approved you will have access to the Webinar space for a limited time to schedule and design your event and then to host it.