Campus Data Connection Management
Currently all buildings on campus are wired with CAT-5 wiring, and are capable of connecting to the campus ethernet.
Wire port certification provides the service - to all UNL Departments, housing and Greek houses - of certifying the wire ports needed for Ethernet connections.
Before you connect:
- Find the port closest to your computer.
- Locate the port's ID number and write it down.
- No label or id number? Have the port certified.
- Plug in your cable and check for connectivity.
- Click here to activate your port online if the port is not active.
If you have a port but it is not certified (has no label), have the Infrastructure Team certify the port by sending them a request through the Telecom Request System .
Currently all dorms on campus are wired with CAT-5 wiring, and are capable of connecting to the campus ethernet. Upon arrival, your room will have one active connection.
To activate a second Ethernet connection, please contact ResNet.
Please visit the WiFi site for more information.